1) To promote Continuing Medical Education in the Emirates of Abu Dhabi. This includes the promotion of CME in the following institutions:
(a) Central Hospital
(b) Mafraq Hospital
(c) Shaikh Khalifa Medical City
(d) Al Ain Hospital
(e) Tawam Hospital
(f) Al Rahba Hospital
(g) Western Region
2) To promote cooperation between the hospitals in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain & Western Region. This includes communication between the hospitals, it also involves publicizing, and advertising the various special services provided in these hospitals. This is so as to prevent duplication and allow patients to benefit fully from the services available before having to look elsewhere, or abroad.
3) To promote dissemination of the information and knowledge between the hospitals in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. This involves the communication throughout the hospitals of particular expertise in one or all of the hospitals. If there are visiting professors or doctors coming from abroad, this information is disseminated throughout the hospitals. If new equipment or investigations are available or new techniques are being done in a particular hospital, the CME unit will be responsible for disseminating this information throughout the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
This will be done by Fax, email and through this website.
The CME Time Tables of all the hospitals will be listed on the website. International and National Conferences will also be listed.
4) To coordinate continuing medical activities between the different hospitals. The CME activities of all the hospitals will be circulated through the CME unit and will be posted on the website. Physicians from all the hospitals will be encouraged to attend the CME activities of their specialty.
5) To establish Inter-City Rounds between all the hospitals in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain and the Western Region for all major medical & surgical specialties. The unit will built on Educational events already in place such, as the Inter-City Cardiology Rounds, General Surgical Rounds, and Orthopedic Rounds.
6) To liaise with the Emirates Medical Association and it's sub-divisions so as to benefit from educational activities already available via this body.
7) To liaise with Universities and to make use of continuing medical education events provided by them for our personnel.
8) To liaise with the Continuing Medial Education units in the Ministry of Health.
9) To liaise with the Pharmaceutical & Medical Industry to help promote Continuing Medical Education in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi.
10) In future to involve doctors in private practice and in other emirates in the continuous medical activities.
11) To provide Continuing Medical Education credits hours for events in Abu Dhabi. This maybe done through the University in Al Ain or the Societies and Colleges such as Royal College of Physicians etc. To make it compulsory for all personnel to accumulate a certain number of CME points annually.
12) To invite speakers from the rest of the Emirates and abroad to run lectures and workshops.
13) To provide continuing medical education via latest technologies, this includes satellite broadcasting and internet broadcasting.
14) To help in the organization of conferences, meeting and workshops in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. This includes the provision of equipment, helping in sponsorship, finding a venue, advertising and publicizing the events. This also involves doing the necessary needs assessment. It also involves setting learning objectives, printing course materials, syllabi and overseeing evaluation and feedback during the CME event. Also this may involve printing certificates of attendance and the unit may help in the documentation of attendance.
15) To help and improve the training of Medical Personnel.
16) To provide advice and help regarding research projects. This will be done in conjunction with Emirates Research Center at Mafraq Hospital.
17) To give advice to residents, post-graduate training locally or abroad. The continuing medical education unit can help in the development and the recording of documentation required for accrediting institutions.
18) Can provide meeting management services in terms of marketing, mailing and registration and conference facilities.
19) Can provide consultation services.
20) The CME unit can help in video taping the events for people who are not able to attend.